Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This sounds really yummy. Hope that you enjoy it.
- 8 baby portabella mushrooms
- 8 roma tomatoes
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare bread crumbs, by cutting the crust from the loaf of bread, slicing it, then running it through a food processer until reduced to fine crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs with the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and enough oil to coat crumbs.
- Spread on a cookie sheet and toast in a 350 degree oven, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Prepare gratin, Preheat oven to 350 degrees;first stem the portabellinis, then use a spoon to carefully scrap off gills without breaking muchrooms.
- Brush mushrooms on both sides with olive oil mixed with garlic.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Roast mushrooms for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes into half-inch rounds, discarding the end pieces.
- Lay the tomatoes on a greased baking sheet and brush with the olive oil mixture, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast lightly until slightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Cut the Zucchini on a severe angle into half-inch thick slices.
- Oil season and roast, 10 to 15 minutes or until soft and lightly browned When everthing is cool, layer the gratin, starting with a portabellini, add a light sprinkling of parmesan, apiece of Zucchini, a light sprinkling of Parmesan, two slices of tomato overlapping slightly, more Parmesan.
- Repeat until there two layers of each item and top with breadcrumbs.
- A toothpick or skewer will help hold the veggies in place while baking.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 15 minutes and serve.
I really enjoyed this! I`m used to creamy Gratins. I cut the recipe in half. And I cut the roasting time down by roasting everything together on two cookie sheets. I could only find large porabella`s so I sliced them in half and leghtwise to make 20 slices. Then layered them with 20 slices of zucchini. Cut the sliced tomatoes into half and put them on top of the zucchini. Each layer having some cheese and topped with cheese and breadcrumbs. So each was an individual one. This made a great appetizer put on melba toast.