Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
As posted from WebMD article "The Part-Time Vegetarian" by Elaine Magee. Great vegetarian taco!
Top Review by Debbwl
Very Yummy! Cut recipe in half for the two of us and still had just a little bit of filling leftover. Served on corn tortillas with a little sliced avocado. The red onion, portabella and oregano all blend beautifully with the salsa and corn tortillas. Thanks so much for the post.
- 4 portabella mushrooms, sliced about 1/2 inch thick (medium sized)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 8 wheat flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add mushrooms, oregano, oil, salt and pepper (if desired), zucchini sticks, and onion slices to large bowl. Toss to blend well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into a jellyroll pan (line it with nonstick foil if you have it). Place pan in oven and let vegetables roast, tossing occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
- Soften tortillas by wrapping them in a damp cloth and heating in the microwave for about twenty seconds. Or you can warm them in a nonstick frying pan (use a little cooking spray if you like).
- Fill each tortilla with mushroom mixture, some shredded cheese, and salsa.