Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I really love to eat this in the summer for a nice light dinner. I got it from the Mission Foods website but I tweeked it a little bit. This can be made without the chicken for a veggie dinner.
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, julienned (not in oil)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- cooking spray
- light ranch salad dressing
- On one half of each tortilla, layer evenly all the ingredients in the order given.
- Fold each tortilla over to create a "half moon" and press down lightly.
- Coat the skillet or griddle with a light mist of cooking spray and warm to a medium-low heat. Cook each quesadilla for two to three minutes on each side until lightly browned and the cheese melts. Remove from pan and cut each into 3 wedges and serve with a light ranch dressing or salsa.
Can we say, "Hello, Gorgeous!" This was a GREAT! recipe. The only change we made was to use cremini mushrooms (sauteed) instead of the portobella mushrooms. Hubby doesn't like them that much. Other than that, this recipe was wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
This made a yummy light supper! I left out the chicken to make this vegetarian. Thank you Bippie!
I loved these, but the instructions should say to put the skillet temp to med-lo. The tortillas on half of mine got burned while I waited for the middle to cook. I also think you could esily use half or 2/3 as much cheese as is in the recipe without missing it. Thanks for posting!