Recipe by JillM
This recipe I came up with myself by looking at other recipes and changing things around to make it healthy and more flavorful.
- 12 ounces sliced portabella mushroom caps
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion (half a large onion)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan saute onion, garlic, and mushrooms with olive oil until mushrooms are tender and onions are translucent. If mushrooms start to stick add small amounts of beef broth.
- Add wine, beef broth, and worcester sauce and simmer until liquid reduces to half.
- Add sour creme and continue cooking until warm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over egg noodles.