1/2 Photos of Portabella Stroganoff
I couldn't find a good recipe for a vegetarian version of stroganoff, so I altered a beef stroganoff recipe to make it vegetarian. Very good recipe and a lot of ways to change it to make it suit your tastes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups white button mushrooms, chopped. (6 oz. or so)
- 3 large portabella mushroom caps (about 3/4 a pound (or more)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup plain yogurt or 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1Chop portobello caps into 1 inch cubes.
- 2Saute mushrooms (both types) in butter in skillet over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- 3Add the vegetable broth, ketchup, onions, garlic, and salt to skillet.
- 4Heat to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 5Cover and simmer about 5 minutes more.
- 6Mix vegetable seasoning and flour in a small container.
- 7Add flour mixture gradually into mushroom mixture, stirring constantly.
- 8Boil and stir 1 minute more.
- 9Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream (or alternative).
- 10Serve over noodles (or rice, but I prefer noodles, especially yummy egg noodles!).
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 413.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: