- 1 lb portabella mushroom, stems discarded and caps cleaned
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, preferably plum, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the mushroom caps into small dice, then toss them with the tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, and oil.
- Cover and let rest, for up to an hour at room temperature or overnight, refrigerated.
- Bring back to room temperature before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper and spoon onto crostini or eat with a fork.