1/1 Photo of Portabella Soup
A la Carte's Note:
I have no idea where this recipe came from but I found it and played with it over the years. This is a really good hearty soup. It's pretty impressive as a first course for a dinner party, and equally perfect for a hearty lunch. Minimum effort and maximum reward.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the strip of bacon in a heavy bottomed medium sized sauce pan and fry on medium heat until crisp.
- 2Add the leeks and cook until softened, on low heat. Add a splash of water if they are sticking or starting to brown. Stir often. Once softened, add the mushrooms and cook for another 20 mins, until softened. Stir frequently.
- 3Add the red wine and simmer for about 5 minutes. Either add 2 cups of homemade chicken stock or, add 2 cups of water and the stock cube to the pot and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- 4Taste broth to check if it needs salt.
- 5Put the soup into the blender and blend on “chop” for 30 seconds or until the soup is pureed.
- 6Add in ½ c . sour cream and blend on “stir” for 10 seconds. Pour into soup bowls. Sprinkle the top of each soup with ¼ Celsius feta.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Soup
Serving Size: 1 (645 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.8
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 939.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 20.4 g