Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This are so good and a wonderful alternative to potato skins. I like to add sour cream and sometimes salsa in place of the tomato to mine. YUM!
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 slices turkey bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives or 1 tablespoon green onion
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Brush mushroom caps and edges with oil. Sprinkle stem-side with salt and pepper and place, rounded side down, on baking sheet.
- Divide cheese among mushroom caps and bake 10 minutes or until cheese begins to melt and edges begin to brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and sprinkle bacon, tomato and chives over mushrooms. Return baking sheet to oven and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are hot.
- If desired, cut into wedges and serve with toothpicks.
Low carb or not,they are wonderful!!! I will make these again and maybe next time with baby bellas so you can just pop them in your mouth.Thanks for a great recipe
I am not a massive fan of mushrooms but enjoy a small tasting mushy. So instead of the large mushrooms I used button mushrooms and followed the receipe exactly with the exception of adding a small dollop of crushed garlic inside the mushroom before the cheese, my husband loved them and was disappointed that they were all gown. I enjoyed them too as they were small enough to eat in one mouthful and enjoy the combined flavours not just the mushroom flavour. Thanks will use again as low carb ideas, good ones are hard to come by!!!
Made with regular large (stuffing style) mushrooms and they were GREAT! Wonderful recipe!