Recipe by Mika G.
This are so good and a wonderful alternative to potato skins. I like to add sour cream and sometimes salsa in place of the tomato to mine. YUM!
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 slices turkey bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives or 1 tablespoon green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Brush mushroom caps and edges with oil. Sprinkle stem-side with salt and pepper and place, rounded side down, on baking sheet.
- Divide cheese among mushroom caps and bake 10 minutes or until cheese begins to melt and edges begin to brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and sprinkle bacon, tomato and chives over mushrooms. Return baking sheet to oven and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are hot.
- If desired, cut into wedges and serve with toothpicks.