Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sandwich features portobello mushrooms, roast beef and provolone cheese. It is very easy to make and very tasty. The recipe is from Simple and Delicious.
- 4 whole wheat hoagie rolls, split
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 lb sliced deli roast beef, julienned
- 1⁄2 lb baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb provolone cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Spread cut sides of buns with 2 T butter; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic salt; set aside.
- In large skillet, saute the beef, mushrooms, rosemary and pepper in remaining butter until the mushrooms are tender.
- Spoon onto buns; top with cheese.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Broil 2-3 inches from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and horseradish; serve with sandwiches.