Recipe by hollyfrolly
Incredibly easy, rich, delicious risotto. Fantastic served with a green salad, a crusty baguette and a nice glass of red wine.
Top Review by Cook4_6
This had really good, rich flavor. I made it with Chianti braised short ribs and it paired perfectly with it! I have never made risotto with red wine before so was a bit skeptical, but red or white this dish was good!
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red wine (only use something you would enjoy drinking!)
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth and wine to simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms in the butter in a separate saucepan over medium-high heat- until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in the rice, one tablespoon of thyme and all but 1/4 cup of the broth mixture. Reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is almost tender- stirring occasionally.
- Mix in remaining 1/4 cup of broth mixture.
- Cook for a few more minutes or until the rice mixture is creamy, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat- stir in the remaining tablespoon of thyme and Parmesan.