Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice little recipe I found in a Mexican magazine. After translating the recipe I added a few additional ingredients on my own. The original recipe called for the mushrooms to be steamed but I think baking works just as well.
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomatoes (seeded & Peeled)
- 1 serrano pepper (seeded & chopped)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (for Garnish)
- Carefully remove stems from mushrooms being careful not to split the mushroom caps.
- Chop the stems and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add avacado, tomato, serrano pepper, breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon juice, onion salt, and salt.
- Mix until well combined.
- Fill mushrooms with the mixture packing it firmly.
- Bake in pre-heated oven @ 350 for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each mushroom with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- garnish with Cilantro and serve.
We found this a little bland for our taste. Thanks
This was easy, and pretty good but a little bland. It also got kind of watery when you cut into it...which was weird. Thanks for posting!
I will double the spices next time. But great recipe. Husband loved it a lot too. Presentation was great too. And so simple to make. Will definetly make it again.