Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from a recipe by J Kenady at www.allrecipes.com. Great served over pan-roasted steaks; use the same pan the steaks were in, and incorporate the meaty juices.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb portabella mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms until soft and lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in port wine, and let simmer for 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and cornstarch until smooth. Stir into mushroom mixture. Return to heat, and stir until thickened and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.