Recipe by The MysticWood
Another of our favorite "Taste of Home" recipies. We reccomend that you use large, rather than small ports for a more textured mix. It is an excellte, meatless meal.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄2 dried celery flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lb sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 medium bell peppers, 1 each yellow and red, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, cut 1/4 into inch slices
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 8 (6 inch) pita breads, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- In large resealable bag, combine the first 11 ingredients. Add mushrooms, peppers, onion and zucchinni; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick spray, cooka nd stir the veggie mixture over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes or until crisp tender. Stir in cheese; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Stuff each half pita with 1/2 cup of the mixture. Serve immediately.