Love mushrooms, especially Portabello!! These could be done in countless variations, vegetarian or not.
- Thaw spinach and press out liquid, finely chop.
- Combine spinach, cheese basil, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean mushrooms, remove stems.
- Place mushroom caps top side down on a lightly greased cookie sheet, brush with butter or margarine.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture into each cap.
- Sprinkle with tomato and salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes or till heated through OR place on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cut into quarters and serve.