Recipe by Derf
Love mushrooms, especially Portabello!! These could be done in countless variations, vegetarian or not.
Top Review by Dana-MMH
DELICIOUS...we used really big fresh portobello mushrooms that DH bought from the market. Served them with steaks and I ate just the mushrooms, got so full couldn't eat my steak. Great recipe and rather simple too. Thanks, these were great!
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 12 portabella mushrooms (3 to 4 in diameter)
- 2 medium tomatoes, large dice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw spinach and press out liquid, finely chop.
- Combine spinach, cheese basil, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean mushrooms, remove stems.
- Place mushroom caps top side down on a lightly greased cookie sheet, brush with butter or margarine.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture into each cap.
- Sprinkle with tomato and salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes or till heated through OR place on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cut into quarters and serve.