Recipe by LilPinkieJ
For hors d'ouevres (serves 4), cut the portobellos in half. To serve this as a meal (serves 2), leave the pizzas whole.
Top Review by Chef Shadows
Wonderfull recipe! Only change I would nmake is the addition of some cayenne pepper or tabasco sauce. I like the use of whole tomato in this recipe instead of a jarred sauce! I will play with different types of cheese in the future for varioty. Wonderfull dish! Thanks! Edit 5/5/09: Made this using Recipe #233811 for the cheese...you have to try this!!! Takes it to a new level!
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Wipe the portobellos with a damp paper towel, but do not rinse under water. Spray each with cooking spray and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the tomato into eigths. Cut the basil into thin strips (chiffonade).
- Remove from portobellos from the oven and top each with the cheese, tomato wedges, basil, and pine nuts.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, until the cheese melts slightly. Serve immediately.