My husband and I came up with this one day when we found ourselves with a few too many mushrooms on hand. A true low carb pizza. Delicious appetizer or great main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Wash mushrooms. Remove, save and chop stems.
- 3Brown the Italian sausage.
- 4Add chopped mushrooms, pepper and onion and cook until soft.
- 5Spread each inverted mushroom cap with 1 T. marinara sauce.
- 6Fill with sausage and vegetable mixture.
- 7Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and top each with tomato slice and 2 T. mozzarella cheese.
- 9Sprinkle each with 1 T. Parmesan cheese.
- 10Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- 11Be creative. Use your favorite pizza toppings.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.8
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 943.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 18.8 g