Recipe by Fluffy
This can be made with regular white mushrooms as well.
Top Review by KellyMae
Delicious, though I modified it a bit and made a pita pizza! Started out by sauting the porabella's first in olive oil and then the red pepper, onions and a garlic clove. Added a bit of italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Put the mushroom mixture on the pita, topped with cheddar and baked at 500 in a toaster oven for 10 mins. Like the idea of adding a splash of wine and will try that another time.
- 1 whole wheat pita bread, with pocket sliced in half
- 1 portabella mushroom, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons gouda cheese or 2 tablespoons havarti cheese or 2 tablespoons monterey jack cheese, shredded