Adapted from a recipe in BBC’s Olive magazine, September 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly pan spray or oil-mist a pan large enough to hold all the mushrooms without them touching. Set aside.
- 2Remove the stems from the portobello. If you prefer to do so, you may also use a spoon to gently remove the gills of the mushrooms. Gently wipe the mushrooms clean with a mushroom brush or a paper towel.
- 3In a bowl, mix 1 Tbsp olive oil together with the pesto.
- 4Put the mushrooms, cap side down, in the prepared pan. Cut or tear (tearing preferred) the cheese into pieces and divide between the mushrooms.
- 5Evenly drizzle the pesto mixture over the mushrooms and cheese, then distribute the pine nuts over all.
- 6Bake in 400 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and melted.
- 7While mushrooms are baking, lightly toast the focaccia or ciabatta bread.
- 8Transfer a baked mushroom to each slice of bread, and enjoy!
- 9Note: also good on these are thin slices of Japanese eggplant. (See Hopvine's Marinated Roasted Eggplant (Aubergine).).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Pesto Mushroom Melts
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.4
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 366.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: