Wait til you taste this sandwich - it is hearty enough to serve for dinner. I have said serves 4 but it depends on your appetite. Recipe is from the column "The Chopping Block" by Philomena Corradeno tweaked by Bergy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, stem & gills removed
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, 1/4 inch slices, the cheese is to fit inside the mushroom caps
- 1 rosemary focaccia bread or 1 herb focaccia bread
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce, homemade or 1/4 cup store bought pesto sauce
- 4 slices tomatoes (thick slices)
- lettuce (to garnish)
- salt & pepper
- 1Brush the mushrooms with oliveoil and grill or broil them , cap side down until they are brown & cooked.
- 2Turn them over and place a slice of cheese in each cap, cook until the cheese starts to soften.
- 3While the mushrooms are cooking warm the foccacia bread.
- 4Cut the foccacia bread in two so you have a large hamburger bun.
- 5Place the portabellos on the bottom half of the bread, divide the pesto between the 4 caps, top with tomato slices, add lettuce, cover with top half of the bread and cut into 4 pices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella, Pesto Focaccia Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 180.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: