Recipe by Northwest Lynnie
Exceptional flavors, easy to prepare. Make a meal with salad, cut into pieces for hors d'oeuvres, include them in your barbeque buffet.
Top Review by Katanashrp
Wow! That was one of the best things I've ever made/had in my life. Such a hidden gem. I made few changes. I used regular italian bread instead of ciabatta, pepper jack cheese instead of mozzarella, and I used Recipe #176624 . It was out of this world delicious! Thank you.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced baby portabella mushrooms (cremini)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (for best flavor, do not substitute)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 12 slices italian ciabatta (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup purchased refrigerated pesto sauce (I like Trader Joes' brand)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly course-ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter in a large skillet until sizzling.
- Add mushrooms and crushed garlic.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until tender and juices have evaporated.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Sprinkle with pepper to taste (I use a good amount).
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Scrape the remaining whole clove of garlic across the bread tops.
- Spread the tops with pesto, completely covering the bread.
- Top with mushrooms, then sprinkle on cheese.
- Toast another 5 minutes in the oven until cheese is melted.