1/1 Photo of Portabella Pasta Bowls
A different way to serve portobello mushrooms...filled with pasta! A recipe for the grill. Taken from BH&G. Note: the gills on the underside of the mushroom caps can discolor the other ingredients in this recipe, that's the reasoning behind scraping them away with a spoon. Updated: FYI, I "grilled" the mushrooms and romatoes on my George Foreman and they came out fantastic...this is now officially an "any season" recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 portabella mushrooms, stems removed (4 inch in diameter)
- 2 medium tomatoes (red or yellow)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces spinach fettuccine (or spaghetti)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano, freshly snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup basil, freshly snipped
- 1Using a teaspoon, gently scrape gills out of the bottom of the mushroom caps.
- 2Lightly rinse caps.
- 3Pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Cut tomatoes in half; remove seeds and stem.
- 5Brush top and underside of the mushrooms and all sides of tomatoes with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 6Sprinkle the mushrooms and tomatoes lightly with salt and pepper.
- 7For a charcoal grill, grill mushroom caps and tomato halves, cut sides up, on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, turning once halfway through cooking.
- 8For a gas grill, preheat grill, reduce heat to medium and place mushroom caps and tomato halves on the grill rack over heat, cover and grill as above.
- 9Remove vegetables from grill.
- 10Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 11Drain; return to pot.
- 12For dressing, coarsely chop the grilled tomatoes.
- 13In a blender or food processor combine the tomatoes, the 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, the 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- 14Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- 15Drizzle pasta with 2 tbsp of the dressing.
- 16Keep warm.
- 17To serve, place mushroom caps on serving plates.
- 18Divide pasta among mushrooms.
- 19Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- 20Sprinkle with snipped basil.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Pasta Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.9
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 209.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g