1/7 Photos of Portabella Parmesan
This was adapted from Everyday Italian. Giada's mother is a vegetarian and this is one of her favorites!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for oiling the grill pan
- 4 -6 portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- 2Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil over both sides of the mushrooms, rubbing it in good. Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and pepper. Brush olive oil on the grill to prevent the mushrooms from sticking. Grill until the mushrooms are heated through and tender, about 5 minutes each side.
- 3Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- 4Spread 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9"x13" baking dish. Place the grilled mushrooms on top of the marinara sauce and top with the remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and top with the butter pieces. Bake until the cheese melts and the top is golden, about 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.7
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 852.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g