1/1 Photo of Portabella Panini With Gorgonzola Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Panini without bread! I recently got a panini maker and am excited to find some healthier recipes to make with it, such as this one from Ellie Krieger's Healthy Appetite T.V. show. For the Valentine's episode she cut the portobellos with heart-shaped cookie cutters. You don't need a panini maker for this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Reconstitute the sun-dried tomatoes by soaking them in boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove the tomatoes from the water and chop them.
- 2Slice the stems off of the mushrooms so they can lay completely flat. Slice each cap in half so you have 8 round mushroom slices.
- 3Top half of the mushrooms with 1 tablespoon of tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of cheese. Top with remaining mushroom slices. Brush the top side of each "sandwich" with olive oil.
- 4Preheat a large, nonstick skillet or grill pan. Place the mushroom sandwiches in the pan carefully, oil side down, and cook for 2 minutes. Brush the top half with oil, flip, and cook for 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Panini With Gorgonzola Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.1
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 329.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 8.3 g