Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The creamy mushroomy flavor of this dish makes it one of my favorite things to eat! We like it enough to eat for a main dish, but it would be a nice side dish as well!
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta (or linguine, or whatever)
- 1 lb portabella mushroom
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- salt and black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary or 1 tablespoon marjoram
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook pasta.
- Heat oil in large skillet, add onion & cook over medium heat until lightly colored.
- Raise heat, add sliced mushrooms (remove mushroom gills first, if you prefer) & saute until they begin to brown (~5 min.).
- Season with salt, pepper, & add 1/2 garlic.
- Mix tomato paste & wine, add it to mushrooms.
- Lower heat & cook ~ 5 minute.
- If pan dries, add a little water.
- Add pasta, herbs, cream & remaining garlic to the mushrooms.
- Correct seasonings & serve.