Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I had to come up with something for the contest so this is it.
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons divided olive oil
- 8 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Clean portabello mushrooms, remove stem and scrape inside to remove brown part.
- Put mushrooms in a greased 13inch x 11 inch pan, I use cooking spray.
- Brush inside mushroom caps with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Brown ground chicken in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add spices, remove from pan and cool.
- In the same frying pan add white wine, spinach and garlic scraping up the bits left from the chicken.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes til spinach is wilted.
- Cool and add to chicken.
- Mix well and put a heaping spoonful onto each mushroom cap.
- Pour tomato sauce over the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Very good! I made it exactly as written and the only thing I did different was that I used a bit more cheese.