Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
A recipe from the Coup de Pouce, june 2006. Posted for ZWT4 Italy. This is done on the barbecue and requires 8 minutes of cooking.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms (1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup gouda cheese or 1 cup gruyere, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives or 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms (keep them for a future use) Brush the top of the mushrooms with the oil. In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Set the barbecue to medium-high heat. Put the mushrooms, top side up on an oiled grill. Close the cover and cook for about 4 minutes or until mushrooms begin to release their juice. Flip the mushrooms and filled them with the cheese mixture you set aside. Close the cover and keep cooking for about 4 minutes or until cheese has melted and mushrooms are tender.
I made this as a side dish to go with a grilled steak. I loved that the filling was light and fresh, not so gooey that all you taste is melted cheese. I used panko for the bread crumbs, and fresh chives from the garden. Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers