1/3 Photos of Portabella Mushroom With Spinach and Feta Lasagna (Vegetarian)
1 hr 10 mins
This is a wonderful vegetarian dish! If desired, regular mushrooms may be substituted for the portabellos, but the regular mushrooms should be sautéed first to release any moisture, To make things easier, you may Classico pasta sauce for this recipe or just use your own favorite sauce --- prep time includes boiling the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 -10 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice, undrained (Italian style is okay)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (more if desired)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled (more if desired)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2-1 lb portabella mushroom, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3Cook the lasagna noodles until soft.
- 4Meanwhile in a saucepan, stir together the tomatoes (with juice), tomato sauce, tomato paste, vinegar and seasonings; heat till a medium boil; reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- 5in a medium bowl, stir together 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, spinach and the egg.
- 6In the bottom of the prepared baking dish, spread 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom.
- 7Layer 3 pieces of cooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
- 8Then 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
- 9Then 1/2 of the sliced mushrooms.
- 10Then another 1/3 of the sauce; repeat.
- 11Top with the remaining pasta, then the balance of the sauce and then mozzarella cheese.
- 12Cover with foil; bake for 25 minutes, uncover, and bake for 5-7 minutes longer, or until the cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Mushroom With Spinach and Feta Lasagna (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.5
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 814.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 16.6 g