Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A quick side dish that I found in a magazine.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This could not have been any easier to make. The red pepper strips made the dish very inviting! But the family was not as big of balsamic vinegar fans as I thought they would be. I think I'll try it again with half the amount of vinegar. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 6 ounces fresh portabella mushrooms, halved crosswise and sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook chopped onion and red pepper strips in hot cooking oil for 2 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and stir-fry over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 mintues or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve over hot cooked brown rice.