Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick side dish that I found in a magazine.
Make and share this Portabella Mushroom Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 6 ounces fresh portabella mushrooms, halved crosswise and sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, cook chopped onion and red pepper strips in hot cooking oil for 2 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and stir-fry over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 mintues or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve over hot cooked brown rice.
This could not have been any easier to make. The red pepper strips made the dish very inviting! But the family was not as big of balsamic vinegar fans as I thought they would be. I think I'll try it again with half the amount of vinegar. Thank you for sharing your recipe.