1/3 Photos of Portabella Mushroom Soup
Sue Lau's Note:
A rich creamy soup; can be made up to 3 days ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large portabella mushrooms, dark gills scraped out, mushrooms chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Saute the leeks and onions in butter in a large pot over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender; about 2-3 minutes.
- 2Lower heat, add the mushrooms, and cook about 10 minutes longer, covered, stirring occasionally.
- 3Raise heat to medium, stir in the flour, and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the thyme, bay leaf, broth, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- 4Simmer, partially covered, for about 10 minutes.
- 5Cool the soup slightly; discard the bay leaf; then puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
- 6Return the pureed soup to the pan and add the cream.
- 7Cook over low heat until just heated through, but do not boil.
- 8Adjust seasonings if necessary, and serve garnished with parsley.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.8
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 365.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g