1/1 Photo of Portabella Mushroom Sandwiches With Roasted Garlic Basil Mayo
Happy Hippie's Note:
This sounds sooooo good. I found it in the bon appetit magazine and can't wait to try it. If you get to it first, let me know what you think. The preparation time has not been added because I've yet to make this, and I've guesstimated the time needed to cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- olive oil (for drizzling)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, fresh minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided (3/4 stick)
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, stems trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 5 large)
- 1 lb bread, halved horizontally (pain rustique, ciabatta or facaccia)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place garlic in small ovenproof dish and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Cover tightly with foil and roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- 4Cool, peel and mash garlic.
- 5Mix mayonnaise, basil, 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar and mashed roasted garlic in small bowl. Do ahead Can be made1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- 6Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Add mushrooms and toss to coat.
- 8Drizzle remaining 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar over and cook until tender, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- 9Season with salt and pepper. This step can be made 2 hours ahead of time. Let stand at room temperature.
- 10Rewarm over low heat before continuing.
- 11Preheat broiler.
- 12Spread remaining 2 tablespoons butter over cut sides of bread.
- 13Broil bread, buttered side up, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Watch closelyto prevent burning.
- 14Spread desired amount of garlic-basil mayonnaise over toasted sides of bread.
- 15Arrange mushrooms in even layer over bottom half of bread.
- 16Springles Parmesan cheese over.
- 17Arrange tomato slices in single layer over cheese.
- 18Cover with top half of bread.
- 19Cut into 6 sandwiches and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Mushroom Sandwiches With Roasted Garlic Basil Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.1
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 861.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: