Recipe by Cook4_6
It was Friday, it was Lent and my sister was coming for lunch. What could I make that would be yummy and meatless? I threw this together from ingredients on hand and WOW! Very tasty!
- 16 ounces portabella mushrooms, caps
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 4 cups baby greens, lettuce mixture
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette (Paul Newman's Lite Balsamic Dressing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Add mushroom slices and saute for approximately 5 minutes until cooked, but still firm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove mushrooms to a medium bowl.
- Add butter to saute pan; melt and begin to brown.
- Remove from heat and add soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Mix and pour over mushrooms.
- Place 2 cups of greens on a large salad plate.
- Divide the mushrooms between the two plates.
- Divide the blue cheese,tomatoes, and salad dressing between the two plates.
- This makes 2 dinner size portions and can be divided into smaller side disher portions if desired.