Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A healthy choice for cheesy eating! If you wish to lower the fat further, you could use all fat-free cheese, but it doesn't melt as well.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut portabello mushrooms into slices about 1/4" thick.
- Heavily spray large baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Spread mushrooms in single layer on sheet; place garlic on there also.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until roasted and tender.
- Lightly spray baking sheet.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet.
- Remove skin from garlic; mash garlic on tortilla with fork, spread around.
- Do the same with the other tortillas.
- Chop mushroom into pieces and divide among tortillas.
- Mix together cheeses in a bowl; put approximately 1/4 cup of cheese blend on each tortilla.
- Divide oregano among tortillas, and add a pinch of cayenne, if desired.
- Fold tortilla in half and spray top lightly with olive oil spray.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for approximate 5-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is lightly browned.
- Cut each quesadilla into 3 pieces and serve.
I couldn't believe how delicious this was, especially for being low in fat. I am now thinking of substituting portabella mushrooms for other recipes since it fills you up, gives a delicious flavor, yet is healthy. Very easy to make too.
Great idea for Portobellos, I had never oven roasted them before. I used dry oregano, and added the cayenne for a little kick.
These were absolutely delicious! I had the six inch tortillas and wanted to make 4 tortillas. I did not have enough portobella mushrooms, so I filled in with a small can of mushrooms. I drained them and baked them along with portobellos for the last 15 minutes. I baked my tortillas whole and sliced them in half to serve. I served them with diced tomatoes and sour cream. They were great!. Thanks Sue L!