Recipe by Sue Lau
A healthy choice for cheesy eating! If you wish to lower the fat further, you could use all fat-free cheese, but it doesn't melt as well.
Top Review by Genene
I couldn't believe how delicious this was, especially for being low in fat. I am now thinking of substituting portabella mushrooms for other recipes since it fills you up, gives a delicious flavor, yet is healthy. Very easy to make too.
- 32 inches fat-free flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup kraft free shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps
- 4 fresh garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut portabello mushrooms into slices about 1/4" thick.
- Heavily spray large baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Spread mushrooms in single layer on sheet; place garlic on there also.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until roasted and tender.
- Lightly spray baking sheet.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet.
- Remove skin from garlic; mash garlic on tortilla with fork, spread around.
- Do the same with the other tortillas.
- Chop mushroom into pieces and divide among tortillas.
- Mix together cheeses in a bowl; put approximately 1/4 cup of cheese blend on each tortilla.
- Divide oregano among tortillas, and add a pinch of cayenne, if desired.
- Fold tortilla in half and spray top lightly with olive oil spray.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for approximate 5-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is lightly browned.
- Cut each quesadilla into 3 pieces and serve.