a great sandwich for vegans and vegetarians.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2in a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with vinegar and salt.
- 3Place the mushroom slices on a baking sheet and brush with the mixture.
- 4Roast until the mushrooms are fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
- 5Brush the red pepper with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- 6Hold the pepper with a long fork over an open flame, or roast under the broiler, turning often, until the skin gets black on all sides.
- 7This will take about 7 to 10 minutes over the flame and about 10 minutes in the broiler.
- 8Put the pepper in a paper bag and close tightly to steam it.
- 9When the pepper is cool enough to handle, peel off the skin and remove the seeds and stem.
- 10Slice the pepper into strips.
- 11To assemble the sandwiches, spread the ciabatta halves with mayo.
- 12Layer with the arugula leaves and read pepper slives, and top with the portobello slices to cover the length of the sandwiches.
- 13Spread the remainder of the mayo on the other sides of the bread and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Mushroom Panini
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 2491.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: