Recipe by Brandy Rae
A pan seared portabella topped with melted cheese, pressed between 2 sourdough bread slices
Top Review by Dominick & Amanda
This was pretty good. I felt like it was missing something...maybe fresh basil or tomatoes. I did add some sauteed red bell peppers cause I had some on hand and a little balsamic vinegar. Next time I will probably add more balsamic and some fresh basil for sure.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over the mushroom cap.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice mushroom into 1/4 inch strips.
- Sear slices 5 minutes, do not move them during this time.
- Flip slices over and sear for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread.
- Remove portabella slices and place, along with one slice of provolone cheese, between the sourdough bread slices.
- Place sandwich on panini press.