1/2 Photos of Portabella Mushroom, Onion and Sage Spread
Adapted from a recipe in Cooking Pleasures magazine. This is divine on crackers. It is best with portobello mushrooms, but I have also made it with regular button mushrooms. I have also used white onions or vedalia onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop mushrooms, onion and garlic. Set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms, onions and garlic. Stirring occasionally, cook for about 2 minutes.
- 3Reduce the heat to medium low heat. Add cooking sherry. Simmer about 25-30 minutes, until the mushrooms are very soft and most of the liquid is gone.
- 4Put into a food processor. Add the sage, salt and corn syrup. Pulse until coarsely chopped, not pureed.
- 5If there is too much liquid, you can return it to the skillet, over medium low until it reaches desired consistency.
- 6Cover & refreigerate (I can't ever wait long enough!) Serve at room temperature with crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Mushroom, Onion and Sage Spread
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 150.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g