Recipe by Sharon123
This will greatly enhance your holiday turkey! When you cook the turkey, save the drippings for this great gravy! Somtimes I add a little milk or cream towards the end of cooking.
- pan dripping, from roasted turkey
- 3⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 portabella mushroom, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄4 cups water, as needed or 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄4 cups broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the turkey from the roasting pan and set aside.
- Place the pan and its drippings over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the sherry, scraping and deglazing the pan.
- Add the mushroom pieces, continuing to stir.
- As the sauce thickens, add the water, a little at a time, continuing to stir for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch-water mixture.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir until the gravy thickens.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.