Portabella Mushroom Gratin (Tiella Di Funghi)
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel.Snap off the ends and trim the ends where soil collects. Slice the mushrooms atleast 1/4 inch thick.
- Place oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl stir together the bread crumbs, cheese and parlsey. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- In the baking pan make a layer of the mushrooms, overlapping the slices. Place half of the onions and tomatoes over mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with half of the crumb mixture. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Bake 45 mins or until tender when pierced with fork.