1/1 Photo of Portabella Mushroom Fries
Portobellos breaded with Panko. From Down Home with the Neely's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- 2Remove the gills and stems from the underside of the mushrooms and trim the edges off. Slice into 1/4-inch strips.
- 3Measure flour into a pie plate. In another pie plate or bowl, combine panko, Parmigiano, parsley, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
- 4Dredge the mushrooms in flour, followed by the egg wash and finally in the panko.
- 5Working in batches, place the breaded mushroom slices in the hot oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel lined sheet tray.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Mushroom Fries
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.7
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 445.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 15.9 g