Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Rachael Ray! Whats not to love???
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus 1/4 cup
- steak seasoning, such as Montreal Steak Spice or coarse salt and black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high to high heat.
- Scrape the gills off the underside of portobello mushroom caps with a spoon.
- Brush caps gently with a damp cloth to clean them.
- Drizzle caps with oil to keep them from sticking to the grill pan and season the caps with steak spice or salt and black pepper.
- Grill mushrooms 3 or 4 minutes on each side under a loose tin foil tent until just tender.
- Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Slice grilled caps into 1/2-inch strips.
- Turn strips in egg, then coat in mixture of parsley, bread crumbs and cheese. Cook "fries" over medium high heat in enough extra-virgin olive oil to coat a nonstick skillet in a thin layer, about 1/4 cup.
- "Fries" will brown in 2 or 3 minutes on each side.
Just wonderful! Definately a keeper to put into my Favorties of 2011 and one I will make again and again. Made for Let's PARTY 2011.
These were so yummy!! I really loved the flavor of the Montreal Steak Seasoning, too. Great directions, easy recipe and delicious results. Thank you!
Wow! These are great! I served these as appetizers, right out of the skillet. They were wonderful. Made for Favorites of 2009 Cookbook tag.