Yummy, you will love these. I could eat them by myself, but they look nice enough for company. Serve with steak or on a bed of sauteed seasoned spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb yukon gold potato
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- white pepper
- 4 portabella mushrooms (5 inches in diameter, stems removed)
Marinade for Mushroom Caps
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
Mushroom and Onion layer
- 1Cook potatoes, garlic and bay leaf in boiling water until very tender.
- 2Drain. Discard bayleaf.
- 3Return potatoes to pot and mash till smooth.
- 4Add cream.
- 5Cool slightly.
- 6Add Grated cheese. Reserve 1 tbsp to sprinkle on top.
- 7Season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
- 8Stir in beaten eggs.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and freshly ground black pepper, and 1/2 tsp fresh thyme together and brush all over mushroom caps, both sides.
- 11Set aside.
- 12Heat 4 tsp olive oil in skillet.
- 13Add mushroom stems and onions. Saute till soft.
- 14ADD parsley, rosemary, amd thyme.
- 15Add red wine and cook til evaporated.
- 16Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 17Bake caps at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- 18Reduce heat to 350°F.
- 19Divide onion mixture equally into bottom of caps.
- 20Mound potato mixture on top.
- 21Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- 22Bake about 25 minutes until potatoes are golden and heated through.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Mushroom Caps Stuffed With Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.0
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 121.7 mg
- Sodium 242.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 12.9 g