1/1 Photo of Portabella Mushroom Caponata
This makes a wonderful appetizer for a dinner party. It also makes a yummy, light supper, when served with a bowl of soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 946.36 ml diced portabella mushrooms
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 118.29 ml diced roma tomato, seeded
- 118.29 ml diced green bell pepper
- 118.29 ml diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 14.79 ml toasted pine nuts
- 29.58 ml fresh basil or 9.85 ml dried basil
- 1Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers and garlic.
- 3Sauté for five minutes.
- 4Stir in sugar, lemon juice and salt and cook for another minute.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in the raisins and pine nuts.
- 6Place mixture in a bowl and add basil.
- 7Serve warm or at room temperature on crostini (toasted French bread slices)**Note: To toast the pine nuts, place in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- 8Stir constantly until they begin to turn golden brown.
- 9Remove from skillet immediately and allow to cool.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Mushroom Caponata
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g