Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and good, I don't care for most canned mushrooms, but these fresh mushrooms remind me of a steak and always tender.
- 4 portabella mushroom caps
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 4 sourdough rolls
- 4 slices muenster cheese or 4 slices gruyere cheese
- romaine lettuce leaf
- Combine mushrooms and italian dressing in a large zip lock bag. Chill for 30 minutes, remove mushrooms, discarding dressing.
- Grill over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes an each side.
- Grill buns, cut sides down until toasted. Place mushrooms, cheese, and lettuce on buns.
- Serve immediately.
Just awesome. I tend to be a wordy reviewer, but in this case, simple is best, like the recipe. YUM and YUM.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I loved these. I have never had a portobello mushroom but this was wonderful. I did add some sweet onion to it. I used monterey jack cheese since that is what I had here. Will definately made many more times.
Try this! You won't be disappointed. The whole family was in awe of the awesomeness of these burgers.