I love portobello mushrooms. They are wonderful as a side dish or even a vegetarian main dish.This is a dish from The Garden of Vegan (Arsenal Pulp, $22.95) by Sarah Kramer and Tanya Barnard. Bragg is similar to soy sauce and is sold in health food stores. I found this recipe in the Toronto Star.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In blender or food processor, grind almonds until powdered.
- Add oil, Bragg sauce, water, vinegar, garlic, rosemary and oregano; blend.
- Place mushrooms upside down in baking dish, tightly in one layer.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- To serve, slice thickly on diagonal. Spread onion and sauce on top.