Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I love these easy, uncomplicated sandwiches! I found this recipe in a newspaper, I don't remember which one.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 soft kaiser rolls
- fresh basil leaf
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- Remove stems from the mushrooms.
- Clean mushroom caps.
- In a small bowl, combine oil with garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Brush on mushrooms.
- Grill mushrooms on a hot (medium-high) grill about 3 minutes per side until browned and cooked through.
- About 1-2 minutes before mushrooms are finished, turn them cupped side up and crumble cheese into them.
- Grill 1-2 minutes longer.
- Place one mushroom on the bottom half of each bun.
- Top with basil leaves and tomato slices.
- Combine mayonnaise with pesto.
- Spread top buns with 1 tablespoon pesto mayonnaise and assemble sandwiches.
This was a hit with me!!! I love portabella mushrooms and the goat cheese really set this off. I used dried herbs and didn't use the pesto, but excellent anyway! Thanks!
The entire family thought these burgers were terrific, even the meat-loving DH and DS. Very easy to prepare and tasty; the combination of seasonings was perfect. We'll make these again!
Have given this to my daughter as she is a vegeterian, love the ingredients will try recipe myself for my husband and I. We enjoy some meals without meat. Rosemary in N.Z.