Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This vegan (almost) sandwich is as good as it gets in comparison to a meat or veggie burger! It is warm to hot depending on your preference and served with cheese or not. I say it's almost vegan because I soaked the eggplant in (skim) milk that came from a cow. One could use soy or some other plant based milk but it may alter the taste drastically. This sandwich was perfect, hearty and simply delish! Enjoy!
- 1 large mushroom (portabella)
- 1 eggplant (small to medium)
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices bread (garlic Parmesan)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup milk (skim)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (garlic pepper)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons black beans (in garlic sauce Asian Style)
- 1 Slice carrots into 8 pieces approximately 3 inches long by one inches wide, steam until tender, set aside.
- 2 Slice eggplant into 16 circles about 1/4 inch thick, saturate in skim milk, coat in seasoned flour and dip in egg white covering both sides then fry in olive oil until browned on each side.
- 3 Slice Mushroom into four large circles up to one half inch each. Coat both sides of each slice with olive oil and warm until heated through.
- 4 Reheat eggplant and carrot slices until heated.
- 5 Toast Bread and butter sparingly with Oriental Black Bean in Garlic Sauce. Place Lettuce or Spinach Leaves on Bread.
- 6 Layer Heated items on top of the Spinach or lettuce Leaves then Top with more leaves.
- 7 Cut in half and serve while warm.
- 8 Enjoy!