Ok, so I had these ingredients on hand and man-oh-man did this dinner turn out tasty! My 2 1/2 year old ate it up and her parents were oh so happy as well. A sure fire (EASY!) dinner to throw together. *Add some rotisserie chicken or chopped up breaded chicken breasts and your fam will swoon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb green beans, fresh, ends trimmed
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, chopped, 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons almonds, slivered, toasted
- 1/2 lb breaded chicken breasts or 1/2 lb rotisserie-cooked chicken, chopped
- soy sauce
- garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1Steam green beans for about 5 minutes in a pot of boiling water with a steaming basket in place.
- 2In another pan, over medium heat, slightly toast almonds until golden brown- about 5 minutes.
- 3In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and oil together and place mushrooms into oil. Do not move until golden brown- this is important- they need to caramelize to be oh-so-yummy! -About 3-5 minutes.
- 4Add garlic to pan and mix mushrooms. Sauté for another 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn garlic! -Reduce heat if necessary.
- 5Add steamed green beans, garlic, soy sauce, salt, pepper and juice from 1/2 lemon.
- 6Mix well and add almonds.
- 7Season, to taste.
- 8Optional: add chopped chicken and serve in warm bowls.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella, Green Bean and Almond Bonanza
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.1
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 155.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
breaded chicken breasts