Recipe by hollyfrolly
Ok, so I had these ingredients on hand and man-oh-man did this dinner turn out tasty! My 2 1/2 year old ate it up and her parents were oh so happy as well. A sure fire (EASY!) dinner to throw together. *Add some rotisserie chicken or chopped up breaded chicken breasts and your fam will swoon!
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, fresh, ends trimmed
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, chopped, 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons almonds, slivered, toasted
- 1⁄2 lb breaded chicken breasts or 1⁄2 lb rotisserie-cooked chicken, chopped
- soy sauce
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam green beans for about 5 minutes in a pot of boiling water with a steaming basket in place.
- In another pan, over medium heat, slightly toast almonds until golden brown- about 5 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and oil together and place mushrooms into oil. Do not move until golden brown- this is important- they need to caramelize to be oh-so-yummy! -About 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan and mix mushrooms. Sauté for another 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn garlic! -Reduce heat if necessary.
- Add steamed green beans, garlic, soy sauce, salt, pepper and juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Mix well and add almonds.
- Season, to taste.
- Optional: add chopped chicken and serve in warm bowls.