1/3 Photos of Portabella Fries
Think fries are best made with potatoes? Try these and you'll change your mind, guaranteed! You will have extra breading to make these fries, which can be stored in an airtight lid in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup egg wash
- canola oil, for frying, heated to 350F
- 1Thoroughly mix all breading ingredients and put in an airtight container.
- 2To make fries, clean mushrooms and then stem.
- 3Put some of the breading mixture on a place.
- 4Cut into 1/2 inch thick strips, and dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- 5Place into egg wash followed by breading.
- 6Placed breaded strips in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
- 7Drain and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Fries
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 913.4
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 2150.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 50.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: