Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious sandwich! You can use a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses if you can't find chedderella cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced 1/8-inch (green, red, yellow and or or orange)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb loaf focaccia bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella-cheddar blend cheese, shredded (chedarella)
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet; add peppers and onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until peppers and onion begin to soften (6 to 8 minutes). Add mushrooms. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are softened (10 to 12 minutes).
- Spread foccacia bread halves with mustard; top one half with mushroom mixture and cheese. Cover with top half of focaccia; cut into 8 wedges.