Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
a yummy vegetarian alternative for fajitas
Make and share this Portabella Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
- Add 1 tsp oil to skillet and sautee peppers and onions.
- After the onion and pepper are cooked until they are slightly soft, add the mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked add 1/3 cup of water and fajita seasoning to skillet.
- Slice mushrooms Warm the tortillas and line with lettuce.
- Add mixture to each tortilla and roll up.
- Optional garnishments: sour cream, salsa, avacado.
This was a nice mix of veggies for fajitas, so I'm rating it four stars based on that. Much of the flavor, however, depends on the fajita seasoning you select. Because I was in a hurry, I used a packet of McCormick fajita seasoning mix. The flavor was underwhelming to say the least. I think this recipe could be improved by recommending a good spice mix or suggesting a link to a recipe for one, such as Fajita Seasoning Mix. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game.