Recipe by Pepper Monkey
a yummy vegetarian alternative for fajitas
Top Review by Cinnamon Turtle
This was a nice mix of veggies for fajitas, so I'm rating it four stars based on that. Much of the flavor, however, depends on the fajita seasoning you select. Because I was in a hurry, I used a packet of McCormick fajita seasoning mix. The flavor was underwhelming to say the least. I think this recipe could be improved by recommending a good spice mix or suggesting a link to a recipe for one, such as Recipe #28011. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 medium bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce or 8 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 8 small tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1 tsp oil to skillet and sautee peppers and onions.
- After the onion and pepper are cooked until they are slightly soft, add the mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked add 1/3 cup of water and fajita seasoning to skillet.
- Slice mushrooms Warm the tortillas and line with lettuce.
- Add mixture to each tortilla and roll up.
- Optional garnishments: sour cream, salsa, avacado.