Recipe by Wesaturtle
I made this tonight and was rewarded with this comment from my fiance: "Food should not be allowed to be this good. These are the absolute best, bar-none, enchiladas I’ve ever had."
Top Review by happyday49
This was outstanding. We didn't change a thing. Next time I'll use home made enchilada sauce and salsa to cut back on the saltiness, but that's not the fault of the recipe. This was really, really good.
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained, and smashed
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce (we used organic)
- 2 cups hot salsa (any spice level, we picked Hot)
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup fontina, sliced into blocks, 3 pieces each enchilada
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, diced
- fat free sour cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, saute onion and bell pepper in 1 Tbsp canola oil for 2-3 minutes. Add smashed black beans, 2/3 (15oz) can of enchilada sauce, and salsa. Stir, set aside.
- In a small pan, saute portabello mushrooms 2-3 minutes in 1 Tbsp canola oil. Add to mixture above.
- Spoon 1/4 cup portabello mixture into tortilla. Add 3 blocks fontina cheese. Roll each enchilada and place seam down in oiled baking dish. Cover with remaining enchilada sauce and chopped tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Add cheddar cheese, bake an additional 5 minutes.